SIERRA LEONE FASHION WEEK 2017: PROMOTING FASHION AND ARTS
Sierra Leone Fashion Week focuses on branding Sierra Leone’s cultural creativity with today’s leading fashion market while promoting designers /retailers/ businesses/ and models worldwide. The Sierra Leone Fashion Week is a Fashion franchised platform dedicated to promoting Sierra Leonean brands on a global spectrum and establishing a more diverse culture of fashion throughout the industry in several fashion capitals around the world such as New York, London, Milan and Paris.
According to the Founder, President and Executive Director of Sierra Leone Fashion & Art Council, Miss Tiah Knox, the fashion week will feature multitude of designers, each with new and innovative fashion styles that explores versatility, talents and cultural heritage of Sierra Leone to the fashion world.
The motive behind SLFW is to give Sierra Leoneans a platform to showcase their artistic qualities by presenting their brands which may include fashionable clothing, jewelry, accessories and more. Participants in any of the SLFW events whether in Freetown, New York or London will gain exposure of their brand as the event will be filmed and presented in future marketing campaigns that will be use for sponsors and to gain partnerships which may include internships to work with successful designers in the industry.
The event is sponsored by the Sierra Leone Fashion and Arts council as well as Knox Model and Talent agency, House of Petiz, Vera Moda Cosmetics, Beauty by Kuku, Aisha’s Salon, National of Tourist board. SLFW have a lot of A-listers who will be attending the event in order to grace the stage in various activities such as to perform, walk the runway, take part in seminars or as a VIP guest of the council. Interested designers can sign up at www.slfashionweek.com or call the SL Director at 077 591 333 or they could email at Designers@slfashionweek.com to register by March 30th 2017
The Sierra Leone Fashion Week events will take place over the course of the week from the 23rd to the 27th of April with different events taking place on a daily basis. The launch will be on April 23rd and the next day, 24th which will showcase runway and this include the star kids runway, lingerie and swimsuit show as well as the Curvy Runway. The event is set to start with a red carpet experience that starts at 5pm. The event will be held in the luxurious and newly remodeled Mamba POINT Lagoonda Entertainment complex. Later in the week, there will be more workshops.
- The Sierra Leone Fashion Week is an event dedicated to promoting African fashion on a global stage and diversifying the fashion industry around the world.
- Participants are able to network and market with like-minded individuals who seek a new audience for their brands.
- The event is sponsored by many different businesses who want to be apart of unique opportunity to help change the fashion world.
- Some of the big names on board would be SikeTV and Vera Moore Cosmetics
- Interested individuals can go onto our website and register under the appropriate applications if interested.
- The event will be held in Freetown Sierra Leone at the Mamba Point Lagoonda from 5pm to 9pm on April 24.
- Other events will take place throughout the week such as business, beauty, and health seminars which will feature panelist who will give their advice and experience on the topics.